TOSA All-purpose Kebabs
Servers 4 15 min. prep time 20 min. cook time
Feel free to use whatever you have in your refrigerator kebabs are a great way to use all any ingredients that are READY to be used! The veggies listed here are just what we had on hand.
· Any protein is roughly 1 pound or just use the veggies! Cut into 2.5”x 2.5”x 1” pieces think typical kabab size
· 1 Red Sweet Pepper cut into similar size as protein
· 1 large onion cut into similar size as protein
· 1 portion of TOSA Spicy yogurt marinade/ sauce (Link HERE)
· 1 yellow squash cut into similar size as protein
· 1 zucchini cut into similar size as protein
· 8 cherry tomatoes
· 8 mushrooms
· 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
· 1 tablespoon of TOSA
Pre-heat grill or oven to 450 degrees (for oven follow same instructions on a backing sheet on the top rack)
Marinate! In a zip lock baggie or bowl combine protein and ½ cup of TOSA spicy yogurt marinade and refrigerate for as long as possible up to 2 days. The tougher the protein the longer. This marinade is particularly good at tenderizing tough (inexpensive) cuts of meat that would normally be used for stews or braised meats.
In large mixing bowl add all veggie chucks, olive oil, and TOSA seasoning. Toss all ingredients together trying to spread seasoning evenly over the vegetables.
Skewer all veggies and proteins evenly alternating in a pattern of your choice. Any pattern is fine, the only tip I could offer is that I like to put onion next to the protein if find that the flavors benefit from each other.
Grill on all four side for roughly 3 minutes each side or until brown. Place off heat for 5 more minutes with the lid closed. This is a good time to grill your pitas or naan! Remove kebabs from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes while you plate the sides.
I like to serve kebabs with rice, tomato cucumber onion salad dressed with leftover TOSA yogurt marinade, goat cheese and flat bread.