LFK Weekend Breakfast
Rub It Right Hash Brown Cups
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- Dash of LFK Rub It Right
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cups frozen sweet potato tots, thawed
- 2 cups frozen potato tots, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Diced avocado (optional)
- Siracha Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high.
- Add the onion, Rub It Right and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the potato tots and cook, using a wooden spoon to stir and break up the potatoes so they resemble hash browns, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Line a large colander with a few paper towels, and add the hash brown mixture.
- Wrap up the hash browns with paper towels, and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Coat 8 cups in a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Divide the hash brown mixture evenly among the muffins cups (a few tablespoons each).
- Using fingers or a rubber spatula, push the potato mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of each cup, creating a tight nest. Spray once more with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and crack 1 egg into each cup.
- Sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven, and bake until the whites of the eggs are set and the yolks are to desired degree of doneness, 6 to 8 minutes (you can cook for longer if you prefer a firmer yolk).
- Sprinkle with avocado and Siracha hot sauce for extra flavor hits, if you wish.
Rub it Right Bloody Mary!
- 4 Kalamata Olives
- 1 TBS Rub it Right
- 2 cups Tomato Juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Chicago Distilling Ceres Vodka
Combine the first five ingredients plus the Chicago Distilling Ceres Vodka in the blender. Add salt and pepper as needed. Pour over ice and garnish with your favorite accouterments.
Rub It Right Bloody Mary (non-olive alternative)
- 6 tablespoons Ketel One vodka
- 1/2 cup blood mary mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon bread-and-butter pickle juice (such as Bubbies)
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Dash of LFK Rub It Right
- 3 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Lemon and celery stalks
- Beef jerky
· 1. Fill a tall glass with lots of ice. Add the blood mary mix, vodka, Rub It Right, Worcestershire, horseradish, pickle juice, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Stir to combine.
· 2. Add more ice, if needed. Sprinkle with celery salt and pepper.
· 3. If desired, garnish with beef jerky, lemon wedges, and celery stalks.