· 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs (soaked in milk)
· 3/4 pound sweet Italian fennel sausage (removed from casing)
· 3/4 pound ground beef
· 3 large eggs (beaten)
· 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
· 1/4 cup Back Yard Blend
· 1/8 cup Rub It Right
· 3 cloves garlic (minced)
· 3/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese (grated, plus more to serve)
· 1/4 cup pine nuts
· 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· Red Sauce
· kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
· In a shallow bowl, soak the breadcrumbs in milk to cover for a minute or two. Drain the breadcrumbs and squeeze with your fingers to press out excess moisture.
· In a large bowl, combine the soaked breadcrumbs, sausage, beef, eggs, parsley, back yard blend, rub it right, garlic, pecorino, pine nuts, salt and pepper, and mix with your hands to incorporate. With wet hands, form the mixture into 15 to 20 meatballs, each smaller than a tennis ball but larger than a golf ball, about 2 ounces each.
· In a large, high-sided sauté pan, add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
· Add the meatballs to the sauce and bring to a simmer.
· Cook the meatballs over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
· Serve with more grated Pecorino Romano cheese on top.