Total cook time 20 minutes Prep time 5 minutes cook time 15 minutes
- 2 large onions cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 2 peppers sweet (poblano, red, yellow, orange)
- 2 peppers spicy (jalapeno, serrano, habanero)
- 1 1/2 pounds of protein off the bone or remove bone after cooking (chicken breast butterflied, steak, shrimp, lobster tail, duck breast)
- 4 tablespoons of Rub it Right
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Tortillas and favorite toppings
Preheat grill to 475-500 with a hot side and a cool side about 10 minutes
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stir, cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for as long as possible up 24 hours (5 minutes works too).
Dump fajitas mix on the hot side of the grill.
Organize proteins and veggies carefully over the hot side of the grill (thicker proteins should be placed on the hottest portion to sear on each side) to not let pieces fall through. Turn each piece once searing on each side to your liking. (5 min, I like a nice char on the veggies) moving proteins and veggies to cool side to roast. When all veggies and proteins are on the cool side cover and roast for 10 min.
After cooked place protien and veggies on a serving platter, salt and pepper to taste, allow to rest for 5- 10 minutes, (family style) and then serve! Don't forget to toast your tortillas on the grill (30 seconds a side) while the fajitas rest!
After rested take a sharp knife and carefully chop the proteins and veggies. Serve with your favorite toppings and rice and beans.
Here is a link to the our refried black bean recipe: